Sunday 11 November 2012

Research on the music industry

Music magazines are decling in sales. In the second half of 2011, music magazines such as Q, NME and Uncut suffered double-digit year-on-year sale declines. Magazine sales are continuing to decrease although Mojo holds up well with less than a 3% fall in sales unlike other popular music magazines such as Q. Even though NME magazine sales are decling, with estimated traffic of around 5m users a month, it is one of the most popular magazine sites in the UK.

When I am going to create my own music magazine I will take this information and statistics into consideration as I will be wanting to create magazine which would be popular enough to sell in the magazine industry. Judging from this article, music magazine covers don't attract enough attention like they used to, I will try and make my front cover as appealing to my target audience as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

-