Friday 22 February 2013

Extra photos for the contents page

For my contents page I have taken several photos in several different locations. All of the photographs that I have taken link to articles within my magazine and also the content within the pictures are conventions of what would be in a rock/indie-pop magazine (for example I have photographs which were taken at the Festival).


 I have included this picture on the front cover of my magazine instead of the contents page as otherwise I feel it would clutter the contents page too much. Also featuring this image on the front cover would perhaps entice readers into wanting to finding more about the article which is relating to the picture. I have also purposely chosen for this photo to be on the front (rather than the other two photos taken at the festival) as it mainly focuses on the foreground, but in the background is the staging for a performance at the festival and so it signifies how the readers will want to read about how to get closer to the action happening at the stage/festival.

 This is another photo taken at the festival. It is a closer shot and shows what happens during the day in a festival. I decided to place this image on my contents page as it shows a connection with my cover line 'The Ultimate Gig Guide'.
 This is the other shot taken at the festival which I will be using on the contents page. It shows an performance that is happening live on the stage and the excitement that happens at the festival I feel is conveyed through this image. The purpose of placing this image on the contents page is also because it connects with my cover line 'The Ultimate Gig Guide' and also because it will encourage the reader to turn the page that the article is featured on, which is a technique often used by magazines such as Q and NME use. E.G:



I have also taken two other images which are to be featured on my contents page. I feel adding another artist showcases the variety of musicians an rock/indie-pop magazine would feature. I have decided to edit the image to black and white to give it an 'edgy' look which is also reflected in the model's body language.


I have also taken this photograph of the same model, but have decided to use the other shot instead of this one as when taking these photos I wanted to create a extremely confident and edgy look with this model and  I feel this one is too relaxed and laid back. 


This photograph which I took at a concert will also be used on the contents page as when I had originally created my contents I felt it was too empty and needed gaps to be filled in. I also think it fits in well with one of the articles featured on my flat plan  'Best artists live', as it obviously is at a live concert and connects well with my music magazine's genre of rock/indie-pop. I think this makes it suitable to feature on the contents page, as often similar articles are shown in these types of magazines.



I have also taken a photo of myself which I will in the editor's note on my contents page. 


I have then chosen to use two photographs for my contents page that I had already taken. These two artists have already been featured on the front cover, but it is the normal convention in any genre of magazine to  have the main cover star featured both on the front cover and somewhere on the contents page. I have decided to do this also with another artist that I had decided I would put on the front page. I think this would generate interest within potential readers as they would see the two artists twice hoping to see them for a third time within the magazine and would encourage them to buy the magazine also.






For example:



No comments:

Post a Comment

-