Thursday 24 January 2013

Contents Page Photos


Second artist pictures

I have taken photos so that I can feature another artist on my contents page. I have based my second artist on Florence and Machine's style through both aspects of music and clothing choice.


In this photo I have chosen to use an acoustic guitar as the props as then the reader would associate it with the genre rock/indie-pop as it is an instrument we would associate with the iconography of this genre. Also the model's facial expression is focused and fairly neutral, showing and signifying that she is determined and focus on her music. The fact she is also not looking directly at the camera also connotes this focus.





This shot shows the artist/model looking upwards almost as if she is aspiring to even more musical success. I like how I have edited it in photoshop to give it a vintage type feel to it, it reflect this artist's type of music. Although you cannot see the whole of her of her outfit and so less of her personality and style comes through to the audience.

I like this photo due to the angle it is taken from. The slight high angle gives it an edginess and almost makes the audience look down on the model/artist. I will feature this on the front page, due to the intriguing effect is creates for the artist.

I also like this photograph as she is using two props, a chair and a guitar. This suggests she is in a place she feels comfortable as she is sitting down and has her guitar - something that this particular artists loves. It also shows the majority of her outfit showing her type of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

-